Defining Resilience & Being Resilient – 10 Easy Ways to be more resilient
What the meaning of Resilience is
Defining resilience: Being resilient is something everyone aspires to, to get back up after taking a serious blow. I’m sure that you have probably noticed how some people are not really affected by things not going to plan or even accidents that happen, where others are broken down and feel crippled by the experience, nearly reaching a state of panic, this is being resilient or lacking in mental resilience.
The human brain has a natural resilience which is a combination of different factors including genetics, early childhood experiences and life events. This resilience can be further developed by practising specific skills such as mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy.
Resilience is the capacity to bounce back after challenges. People who are resilient cope well with life’s difficulties and are able to see challenges or setbacks as temporary. They deal with setbacks calmly, tend to be optimistic in their outlook, and believe they will eventually succeed.
Resilient people see difficulty as an opportunity for growth; deal with disappointment in a constructive way; have realistic goals; and believe in their ability to overcome obstacles. The study found that resilient people were more likely to experience chronic stress, including high levels of anxiety and depression. They also had what the study called an impaired ability to self-regulate, meaning they were less able to control their emotions, think rationally and make good choices in difficult situations
No matter how tough life gets, there are always ways to succeed, the most important to me is being resilient.
10 ways how you can improve mental resilience:
1) Keep a positive attitude and stay upbeat.
2) Be mindful of your thoughts and feelings.
3) Do something good for someone else.
4) Practice self-compassion.
5) Maintain healthy lifestyle habits.
6) Find humour in the situation.
7) Find a healthy outlet for stress and anger (e.g., exercise).
8) Take care of your physical health with proper sleep, nutrition, and exercise habits.
9) Seek professional help if necessary (e.g., therapy).
10) Remember that things will get better, eventually
What it means, being resilient in difficult times
Today, people are experiencing more and more difficult times, with less Money (here are some great tips to improve your finances) and lower levels of happiness. It’s important to know how to use your inner resilience to get through these difficult times.
The following tips will help you improve your resilience during times of difficulty:
-Try talking to someone you don’t know well. Talking to someone new can be scary, but it’s essential to get it out there and not bottle it up. If you feel like your thoughts are spinning out of control, and you’re losing emotional control, take a step back and breathe deeply for a minute.
-Work on your self-awareness. Even though you may have a tough time, it’s essential to know what you’re feeling. When you’re aware of what’s going on inside you, you can better take care of yourself during difficult times.
-Try to see an event that causes you upset as an opportunity to learn or grow,
-As explained in my previous article about Optimism, try to find a silver lining
As usual, I will need to share my favourite quote related to Resilience.
Failure is an important part of your growth and developing resilience – Michelle Obama
5 Tips for Increasing Your Own Mental Resilience
2) Exercise regularly
3) Spend time in nature
4) Practice mindfulness
5) Develop healthy relationships
Try to push yourself even when you are afraid, It will train your mind to realize that not everything is as big a deal as we make it out to be.
- Boosting Self-Confidence: 4 Strategies for Overcoming Low Self-EsteemLow self-esteem and self-confidence is a common issue that affects many people. It is defined as having a negative attitude towards oneself and one’s abilities, which can lead to feelings of inadequacy, insecurity, and self-doubt.
- Networking 101: How to Build Connections and Achieve SuccessNetworking is an essential aspect of building a successful career and achieving your goals. It involves creating connections and building relationships with other people in your industry or field.
- 10 Best Mindfulness Books for 2023Mindfulness refers to the practice of being fully present and engaged in the current moment, without judgment. It’s about paying attention to your thoughts, feelings, and surroundings in a non-judgmental way, and it can be cultivated through different mindfulness practices such as meditation, yoga, and tai chi.
- Self-care: Strategies for taking care of one’s physical, emotional and mental well-beingSelf-care is the act of taking care of oneself in order to maintain good physical, emotional and mental health. It is about taking the time to nurture yourself, so that you can be the best version of yourself.
- Mental health stigma: Addressing and reducing the negative attitudes and stereotypes associated with mental illnessMental health stigma, also known as the “stigma of mental illness,” refers to the negative attitudes and beliefs that society holds towards individuals with mental health conditions.
- The Power of Positive Self-Talk: How to Boost Your Confidence and Achieve Your DreamsPositive self-talk is the practice of talking to yourself in a positive and supportive way. It involves using positive affirmations, phrases, and statements to change your thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes. Positive self-talk can help you boost your confidence, build self-esteem, and achieve your goals.
- The Complete Guide to Self-Care and Mindfulness Practices that Can Help Reduce Anxiety and Improve Overall Well-BeingSelf-care and mindfulness are two powerful tools that can help us reduce stress and anxiety. Self-care is the practice of taking care of ourselves, both physically and mentally, by engaging in activities that promote our wellbeing. Mindfulness is a form of meditation which helps us become aware of our thoughts, feelings, and bodily sensations so that we can be more present in the moment.
- Rebuilding Confidence: A Comprehensive Guide to Reclaiming Your Power and Transforming Your LifeSelf-confidence is a person’s belief in their abilities, qualities, and judgment. It is important because it can affect how we think, feel, and behave in different situations. People with high self-confidence tend to have better mental health, as they are more likely to take risks, set and achieve goals, and bounce back from setbacks.
- The Power of Mindset and How it Can Help You Achieve SuccessThe power of mindset is a well-known concept in the world of personal development and success. Having a positive and growth-oriented mindset can greatly impact one’s ability to overcome challenges and achieve their goals. In this article, we will explore the power of mindset, the importance of self-discipline, and strategies for setting and achieving goals to help you develop a winning mindset and achieve success.
- The Science of Confidence: How to Build Self-Assurance and Achieve Your GoalsConfidence is the belief in one’s abilities, qualities, and judgments. It is the trust in oneself and the ability to handle difficult situations or challenges. Self-confidence is crucial to achieving success and reaching your goals, as it allows you to believe in yourself and your abilities, take risks, and persevere through challenges.